Alan A. Currie
I use to believe knowing as much as I possibly could about computers and technology was the most important part about being successful in my profession. At the present time, as technologies continue to change every six months or so, being a quality candidate is more about "people skills" than anything else. With my background, I can easily adapt to the changing technical aspects of my job, but learning to work well with others… especially those who are not as tech savvy… is really the key. Seldom do co-workers become amazed at what you can do. Instead, they just want things to work well as quickly as possible. As an owner of a computer company, I have learned to not only treat customers with the utmost respect, but to do the same thing with my employees. Getting along with others might truly be the most important quality necessary in this profession and more importantly in the position I am applying for. For the past 15 years, I have tried my best to package these skills and demonstrate them daily.
Custom computer builds generally start as a workstation to high-end gaming machines - starting at $1,500 US dollars. Each build is customized to customer needs. Each build takes approximately 2-3 weeks to make.
Graphic & Print Design
Business Cards, Logo design, Identity icons, color enchacement, digital enchancement, color balance, retouch, to custom designs.
Design & Multimedia
Presentations from school related work to online tutorials or e-learning.
Videography & DVD/Bluray Authoring
Presentations of the service Video Photos. Photo Videos are crafted to artfully tell a story of one or more individuals.
Content Management Systems (CMS)
Integrating mutiple systems for users to streamline functionality. Such systems may include Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, Coppermine, EQDKPlus, etc.
Wired & Wireless Networking
Wired networking - making network cable, cable installation to admistration.
Wireless networking - rogue finding, co-channel analysis, bandwidth and performance benchmarks, etc.
Interactive White Boards (IWB)
Promethean and SMART board specialist. This may include installation of a new board, maintenance and repair as well as training on how to use either ActiveInspire and SMART Notebook Software.
Apple iPad Program
Acted as Program Manager for West Bloomfield School District serving Program Facilitator and End Users.
Recovery of logical to physical data transplant.
Create, discover, and manage projects and assesments from LAN, WLAN, and VoIP RFP's all while following SDLC.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) / Marketing Landing Pages
To simple one-page designs with SEO optimizations and search engine submissions to mod_rewrite rules in Apache confs.
Creating Game Design Documents (GDD) such as Story, Characters, Level/Environment design, Gameplay, Art, Sound and Music, UI, Game Controls, etc.
Oct 2014 - Present
Waterford School District
Core Computer Technician
- Responsible for infrastructure recommendations, maintenance, and assisting building level technicians.
- Deployment of Apple TV’s and iPad’s for instructional learning.
- Aruba wireless troubleshooting; Site surveys, SNR audits, and AP placement strategies.
- Progressive HP network troubleshooting; data and voice drop repairs including routing and VLAN.
- Computer repair; hardware “break-in-fix” and OS deployment.
- SMART board and projector repair.
- Programmed dynamic form system via API into OSTicket, and then moderate ticket system.
Nov 2013 - Oct 2014
Forest Computer Solutions
Computer Service Technician
- Customer service in down town area of Plymouth including residential and small business.
- In warranty and out of warranty repairs with HP, Acer, Dell, IBM, Gateway, etc.
- In house and on site service repairs.
- Server, desktop, and laptop hardware repair and upgrades including LCD, mainboard, PSU, VID, HDD, etc.
- Data recovery in NTFS and FAT.
- Virus removal and post-clean up repairs. Removal of: Boot Sector, Hijack, Direct, File, Macro, Multipartite, Polymorphic, Resident, Web, and recently Ransomware based viruses.
- Computer tune-up including optimizing system registry and performance. Applying updates and security patches.
- Wired and wireless service repair and upgrades.
1996 - Present
Binary Stars, Inc.
Founder and President
- Founder and President; responsible for multiple employees, and the ability to work well with others, while building custom computers and performing web development for school systems, businesses and individuals.
- Maintained various servers; ESXi, NAS, LAMP, CMS, DNS, E-Mail servers.
- Webmaster for www.westbloomfield.k12.mi.us and www.wbef.org websites.
June 2012 - September 2013
West Bloomfield School District
Level 3 Technican
- Analyze and route support requests to the appropriate resources.
- Interact with users to determine the correct course of action to solve problems.
- Advanced troubleshooting of operating systems, network connectivity and applications.
- Managing incidents from start to finish, calling upon resources as needed.
- Provide detailed and informative updates to all tickets and e-mails.
- Maintain documentation and information repositories.
- Build detailed reports as requested by management.
June 2000 - October 2007
Image House Studios
Sr. Computer Engineer
- Sr. Computer Engineer; maintained Windows 2000 web and file server.
- Controlled customer relations; learned firsthand knowledge of mediating and negotiation in solving problems.
- Diagnosed web sites www.dollyspizza.com, www.rottermondjewelers.com, and more.
September 1997 - June 2001
WBTV District Media Center
- AV Technician, Sound Production, Mixing, Video Editing and Broadcasting.
October 1999 - June 2000
Business Television Video (BTV)
- Computer technician; part-time co-op through West Bloomfield Schools.
2002 - 2005
Baker College of Auburn Hills
Bachelor's degree, Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Completed Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) academy track 5.
- Received Computer Networking Technology Microsoft Option (CNTM) and an Associate of Applied Science degree.
- Received a Bachelor’s of Computer Information Systems (CIS) degree
2001 - 2002
ITT Technical Institute-Troy
Computer Network Systems (CNS)
- Studied Computer Network Systems (CNS).
- Information Technology (IT) in business, project planning and management.
- Left this program to pursue the Computer Networking Technology Microsoft Option (CNTM) program at Baker College.
1999 - 2001
Oakland Technical Center - Southwest
- Intensive “hands-on” training with an emphasis on fundamentals and industrial electronics.
- Achieved A+ certification.
- ISO certification.
- Received the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) track 5 certification.
1995 - 1996
Michigan Technological University
- Computer Applications II & III in Java, C, web development, and CAD.
Below are some of my software skills, to view more visit Linked In.
Adobe Acrobat Pro90%
Adobe After Effects70%
Adobe Flash Pro70%
8475 Pontiac Lake Road
White Lake, MI 48386
- alan [at] binarystars [dot] com
Office (248) 232-3398
Direct (248) 535-2824